Friday, December 21, 2012

I am not in position to pay my loan which I have taken for my education. Can anyone tell me that Student loan debt ever expires?


Private student loans generally have limitation period but for federal student loans do not have a Statute of limitations period.

However, this does not mean that you no longer owe the debt once the limitation period expires. In many states, collection activity may still take place, although a collection agency would not be able to threaten or commence legal action.

There are several existing programs which may provide relief to student loan borrowers; borrowers facing payment challenged are encouraged to further explore, for example, Income Based Repayment program, loan rehabilitation program, Direct and Guaranteed Loans (FFEL) program, and loan consolidation programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment